|Series Theme: "Faith Sermons"|
Title: 21. Exceeding your Expectations
Some times our natural expectations are just insufficient especially when it comes to our relationship with the Lord
A. Statements reveal our expectation level
1. About God's Power again
Jn 11:21 Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died.
2. About God's Power
Ezek 37:3 He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know."
B. Questions reveal our expectations
3. About Blame
Jn 9:1,2 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?
4. About our Abilities
Mt 18:21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
5. About Rewards
Mt 20:20,21 Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him. "What is it you want?" he asked. She said, "Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom."
6. About Resources
Jn 6:9 Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many ?"
C. God's Expectations
1. Power again Jn 11:23 Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."
2. Power Ezek 37:4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones
3. Blame Jn 9:3 this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.
4. Abilities - Mt 18:23 Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times
5. Rewards Mt 20:26 Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant
6. Resources Jn 6:10 Jesus said, "Have the people sit down."
D. To Summarise